Reconfiguring a conventional healthcare system to a hybrid concept would help in the overall customer experience with brands. With the technology adoption rate accelerated by ten years in the Asia Pacific amidst the Covid-19 pandemic , integrating the telehealth concept is an essential step into the future of healthcare.
Patient acquisition costs five times more than patient retention but increasing customer retention rates by 5% would lead to a tremendous increase in profit by 25% to 95% . To improve Customer Lifetime Value means ensuring the patient journey through positive relationships, trust, and engagement. It means providing the best health care services, fostering patient relationships outside of the doctor’s office, listening and responding to patients’ feedback, and building your referral network . Hence, redefining the customer experience journey is an essential element of digital patient engagement.
Transforming brick and mortar to a brick and click concept can help facilitate digital transformation in the healthcare industry for the best patient journey experience.
Brick and Click concept drives seamless Patient Journey Experience across all platforms and improves Patient Lifetime Value.
The Brick and Click concept is also known as Omni-Channel marketing, an approach that delivers a seamless and holistic customer experience on all touchpoints of a customer journey through multiple channels.
A typical patient’s experience journey engaging a Brick and Click Healthcare provider would involve the following –
- Searching clinics online or use an app to schedule appointments online based on the availability of doctors. Patient registration can be at the clinic counter or through the clinic app if teleconsultation is the option. The clinic app also provides a one-stop update for all information about the medical practitioner.
- The customer can either choose physical doctor consultation or teleconsultation, depending on the purpose of the appointment. For physical consultation at the clinic, the customer would arrive a few minutes before the appointment start. Customers that opted for teleconsultation would then be receiving the consultation virtually over a mobile device.
- Once the consultation is over, the patient will then proceed to collect medications at the counter. A courier will deliver the prescribed medication to the patient who opted for teleconsultation.
- The patient then will make payment at the counter or online if teleconsultation is the mode of consultation.
- After the appointment with the doctor has ended, the patient will receive patient electronic health records, invoices, and e-prescription via email or the app.
- A few weeks later, the medical organisation will email the patient on the healthcare-related matters concerning the patient. Keeping the patient informed with relevant content and information ensure effective patient communications to achieve top of mind recall, trust and loyalty with the brand in long the run.
Understanding what makes the customer tick is key to driving customer satisfaction and a strong relationship between the customer and brand. Having a holistic and seamless experience from the first to the last touchpoint of the customer experience journey would bring about the top of mind recall for the brand, customer loyalty, and brand advocacy, contributing to potential growth in business .
In the upcoming newsletter, Smart Healthcare, we will be touching more about the different features of virtual healthcare services in the healthcare industry.
If you are keen to find out how you can cope better in the clinic, feel free to reach out to us by clicking here.